Protocols for Zumba Outdoor Classes
Best practices Zumba will follow at our El Cerrito location (Korematsu Basketball Courts):
- No more than 24 people per class. Each participant will be outside, using the numbers on the court for social distancing. Zumba participants will remain between 6-10ft apart from one another for the entire workout. Only those patrons that are exercising should be in the area where we are working out.
- We ask all members to bring a workout bag to the class. Workout bags will be where members keep their belongings (workout towel, water bottle, mask, keys, etc.) during class time. These bags are to remain in your designated workout area.
- Face Coverings: Face coverings are mandatory and must be worn in full compliance with the CA Department of Public Health’s Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings. Participants should wear face coverings when participating in the activity, even with heavy exertion as tolerated, unless the face covering could become a hazard, and face coverings must be worn at all times when not participating in the activity (e.g., immediately before and after class)
- Class Registration: Class registration will be offered on the EC Recreation website, payment required to hold your spot. Upon signing up for class, you are agreeing to follow our Covid protocols and Code of Conduct. Registration is required, and participants may not attend unless registered in advance.
EC Zumfit Code of Conduct
In order to provide a safe and healthy experience for our entire community of Zumba instructors and students, we have adopted this new Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct (the “Code”) is intended to provide health and safety standards that are required by all participants, to ensure the welfare and protection of all parties.
EC Zumba instructors will ask a participant to leave a class at any time for non-compliance with the Code.
By signing up for class, you are acknowledging that you 1) fully read and understand the Code of Conduct, and 2) will abide by these standards described herein at all times when participating in our in person Zumba classes.
When I attend an outdoor Zumba class, I agree I will:
- Adhere to all EC Zumba facility ‘Rules and Regulations’ in conjunction with the Code of Conduct
- NOT visit any facility or participate in any EC Zumba program if I or anyone in my household:
- is aware of or displaying any symptoms that are potential flu-like indications such as shortness of breath, cough, any difficulty with breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, nausea or vomiting
- has had a fever (100 degrees or higher) in the last 24 hours
- has been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for Covid-19 within the last two weeks?
- Assume any and all liability for my health and well-being by physically attending the premises of an EC Zumba facility despite the recent COVID-19 pandemic
- Abide by the physical distancing rule(s) by keeping a 6-foot distance between participants and instructors at all times when using any facility or any other product or service provided by the EC Zumba class
- Avoid unnecessary physical contact with others
- Arrive at the program facility no more than 10 minutes prior to class start time, leave the facility immediately after class ends, and avoid congregating.
Thank you for doing your part as we work together to keep our EC Zumba community safe for all our valued Instructors and Students. Please check back with us regularly on our website or via our newsletters as guidelines may change based on CDC and State requirements for sanitation, physical distancing, Instructor and Student safety.